I am thrilled to be sharing with you one of my favorite new printable paper crafts of the season. This vintage fashioned Printable Night Before Christmas Craft is filled with so many lovely elements of Christmas Eve: a traditional brick fireplace adorned home with children and family members playing inside; Christmas stockings filled with sweets and toys are hung from the chimney; a beautifully lit Christmas tree decorated with colorful ornaments has gifts galore tucked underneath its branches; and Santa Claus with his reindeer and sleigh are prepared for arrival.
This printable night before Christmas craft for ages 8 and up is constructed with printable paper models. It’s a bit time intensive, but the end result is a beautifully nostalgic scene of Christmas Eve…depicting a perfect evening that will warm everyone’s heart.
(By the way…it was so hard not to bust out in rhyming verse when writing this post: “‘Twas the night before Christmas and through the halls of Woo! Jr…”)
If you’re into paper crafts and looking for more fun Christmas projects, check out these Nesting Santa Dolls.
Printable Night Before Christmas Craft
Print out all 8 pages of the Night Before Christmas scene below onto white card stock. You will need good scissors, a glue stick and a razor blade or exacto knife.
Color all elements of your printable Night Before Christmas Craft before cutting out. Do not color tabs or areas indicated for pasting.
Cut out on outside lines. Score and fold on dotted lines. To score, lay a ruler along the dotted lines and run a dull edge or point along the lines with enough pressure to make the paper fold easily.
Tabs fit into slots of corresponding numbers. To cut the slots, use the point of a knife, scissors or your exacto. Be sure to cut in the direction the tab is to be inserted. The slots are indicated by short, heavy lines.
The figure supports of special sizes are marked. Unmarked supports will fit any of the remaining figures.
To stand figures, lay the support on the back of the figure so that the bottom of the support is a little lower than the bottom of the figure. Paste the small area above the dotted line to the back of the figure. Fold on the dotted line to form the support for the figure.
To Construct House:
- Cut out section of house (Sheet 4). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines.
- Cut out fireplace (Sheet 7), mantel and tile (Sheet 3) and burning logs (Sheet 1). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Construct mantel by pasting at the two front corners. Insert tabs E and F into corresponding slots on fireplace. Paste. Paste the other two tabs on sides of mantel to the sides of fireplace. Insert tabs A, B, C and D into corresponding slots and paste. Insert tabs G and H of burning logs into corresponding slots and paste. Fasten completed fireplace to inside of wall section by placing tabs into slots. Paste. Then paste the filled stockings to mantel.
- Cut out side section (Sheet 1). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Cut out two strips (Sheet 7) and place across center of each window into slots. The strip must go back of center post and in front of the draperies.
- Cut out the front section (Sheet 2). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Cut out the remaining strip (Sheet 7) and place across the center of window into slots. The strip should go back of the center post and in front of the draperies.
- Cut out rear section of house (Sheet 3). Score and fold on dotted lines. Draw lines 1/2 inch apart across back of this section. The resulting effect is to compare with the outside of other parts of the house.
- Assemble the four sides by pasting together at the places indicated. See House Assembly drawing (Sheet 3).
- Cut out the two sections of roof (Sheets 5 and 6). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Paste to each other.
- Cut out dormers (Sheets 5 and 6). Score and fold on dotted lines.
- Cut out dormer roofs (Sheets 3 and 4). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Attach to dormer by placing tabs through slots and pasting.
- Cut out chimney (Sheet 5). Score and fold on dotted lines. Paste together to form. Attach to roof by placing tabs 4 and 5 into corresponding slots.
- Attach the completed roof to house by placing tabs 1, 2 and 3 into corresponding slots. Continue placing the other tabs into slots on the sides and ends of the house. Paste.
- Cut out shrubbery (Sheets 1 and 2). Score and fold on dotted lines. Insert tabs into corresponding slots and paste.
To Construct Sleigh:
- Cut out the three parts (Sheet 8). Cut slots. Score and fold on dotted lines. Be sure to cut all the black lines off the tabs.
- Fit the tabs into the slots starting with the curved tab. Paste.
Since it’s difficult to see the family inside of the house, here’s a few photos featuring them: