Penguins are one of my kids’ favorite animals. Whenever we go to the zoo, going to the penguin house is a MUST!
Here’s a really cute Christmas craft of a paper plate penguin that is easy enough for preschoolers to make.
You might also like our Winter Snowy Owl Art Project!
What You Need to Make a Paper Plate Penguin:
- Two paper plates
- Orange and black paint, crayons or markers
- Googly eyes (optional)
How to Make a Paper Plate Penguin:
1. Cut up a paper plate as shown. This craft uses every piece you cut out so don’t throw anything away!
2. Paint the two wings black and the three triangles orange.
3. Paint a black v-shaped ‘hairline’ on the penguin’s head as shown.
4. After the paint has dried, glue the two wings onto the top rim of second paper plate, the big orange triangle onto the penguin face for it’s beak, and the two small orange triangles onto the bottom rim of the plate for it’s feet.
5. Glue two googly eyes above the penguin’s beak, or just color them onto the face if you don’t have any googly eyes laying around.
This paper plate polar bear craft is another super cute one!
Pingback: Hai La Grădiniță » Activități practice cu tema “Pinguinul”
Pingback: Slide Into A Good Book!
Thank you for this wonderful idea! My 2 1/2 year old & almost-4 year old made these to use as decorations for my 4-year old’s upcoming birthday party. Penguins are Mommy’s favorite animals, so they were even more excited to make these! Too cute!
We did the penguin craft in my preschool class for 4 year olds. It was a hit!
this definitely is going to be a favourite for everybody, great:)
Pingback: Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Shortlist
Pingback: homemademamma.com » La neve: giochi, libri ed attività da fare con i bambini
We loved this. My daughter made a “girl” penguin, and added extra hair, and it looks adorable! Thanks for the great idea to help pass the time indoors.
Pingback: La neve: giochi, libri ed attività da fare con i bambini « HomeMadeMamma
This is a super cute idea. I have been collecting paper plate craft ideas, and this one is great. I will definitely have my boys try it this winter. I have posted a link to it on my site.