Flash cards are one of the simplest ways to first engage our children into learning and memorizing. We’ve created this set of letter and number flash cards to help teach the alphabet and number recognition. The colorful images on the flash cards are also a great introduction to basic phonic sounds.
We’re all about engagement and interaction, so get creative with new ways to use your flash cards.
- Print two copies of each set and play the memory match/concentration game.
- Go on an alphabet scavenger hunt, looking around for objects that begin with the same letter that is on the flash card. This is also a great outdoor activity.
- Spread the cards all over your floor. Call the letter (or make the letter’s sound) and have your child jump on the letter. Do this with the number cards too!
- Jumble up the flash cards and work together to arrange them in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Use objects you have on hand (e.g., dried beans, buttons, paperclips, etc.) to count out the number that is on the flash card.
There are so many ways to use flash cards as your child learns and grows. We’d love to hear how you’re using our flash cards. Please share below in the comments section.
Letter and Number Flash Cards
Be sure to check out our Alphabet Book for Kids.