YOU. GUYS. This is seriously one of my FAVORITE all time Halloween kids crafts we have EVER done on this site!!! We are totally in love with this Halloween countdown calendar! First of all it’s fairly easy and affordable to make. You just need card stock and a color printer! They only need scissors and a glue stick to assemble them, and the instructions are on every individual page.
But not only is this Halloween project super adorable, it’s also super versatile! There are LOTS of ways you can use them:
- Put a piece of candy or a small toy inside of the ornament before you glue them shut.
- Put a little note or activity inside of each ornament. We even have a printable blank countdown calendar template you can use!
- You can put anything inside of them and simply make one every day in October, or just place a new one onto the tree every day.
- Be sure to punch the holes for your ribbon at the tops of each ornament before you assemble them.
- Instead of hanging them onto a tree, you can place them on a mantel or hang them on a garland!
- You don’t need to use all 31 days if you’ve stumbled across this project after October 1st. Just count the days to Halloween and print the ones you need!
- We used this black 3′ foot tree in our example photo and used days 1 – 15.