A while back, I posted about how to make mummy luminaries for Halloween. This time around we have a variety of leaf luminaries for fall. We took a couple of approaches to this, and some worked better than others. Here are the luminaries that worked the best for us.
What You Need to Make Tissue Paper Autumn Luminaries
- Fall-colored tissue paper
- White glue
- Glass jar
- Fresh leaves in autumn colors
The other version we made utilized wax paper, crayon shavings, leaves, and an iron. Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of the process.
- Lay down a piece of wax paper.
- Arrange leaves on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle on crayon shavings.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper.
- Run a hot iron over to melt the crayon an stick the wax paper together.
- Cut the final product to size, and tape it around your jar.