Ever since the movie Happy Feet, penguins have become part of mainstream culture! So here is a simple kids’ craft that involves making a penguin out of a paper plate.
What You Need to Make a Paper Plate Penguin:
- Two paper plates
- Orange and black paint, crayons or markers
- Googly eyes (optional)
How to Make a Paper Plate Penguin:
1. Cut up a paper plate as shown. This craft uses every piece you cut out so don’t throw anything away!
2. Paint the two wings black and the three triangles orange.
3. Paint a black v-shaped ‘hairline’ on the penguin’s head as shown.
4. After the paint has dried, glue the two wings onto the top rim of second paper plate, the big orange triangle onto the penguin face for it’s beak, and the two small orange triangles onto the bottom rim of the plate for it’s feet.
5. Glue two googly eyes above the penguin’s beak, or just color them onto the face if you don’t have any googly eyes laying around.